My Blog List

Jul 17, 2010

MGMT @ the GREEK.

i saw MGMT last night @ the Greek theatre in downtown LA. they are one of my favorite bands, but they always get criticized for being "terrible live." i saw them at coachella and they were decent, but last night they were so much better. i think since they are still so new that they just needed practice-- so you can tell they are getting better on stage. what pisses me off though, is that they made their second album really weird. i still like it, but it doesn't have any catchy songs like "Kids" or "Electric Feel" apparently they "don't want to be mainstream" so what? 1. they aren't mainstream/pop they just got a lot more fans than expected. 2. don't change your sound because you don't want to be famous... booo hoooo. anyways, still love them. lets hope they come out with a 3rd album more like their first. *******
There's a place I'd like to go somewhere out west,
It's not specific, and the pictures show it best.
I know there's trees I know there's sand and I know there's grass,
I know it's somewhere in the past.
There's a girl out there who's lookin for it too,
She's not sure when she'll go or exactly what she'll do.
If I am doomed am I the first on or the last?
Am I just someone from the past?
The memories fade
Like looking through a fogged mirror
Decision to decisions are made
And not bought,
But I thought this wouldn’t hurt a lot.
I guess not
I'll sit and listen to the sound of sand and cold
Twisted diamond heart, I'm the weekend warrior
My predictions are the only things I have
I can amplify the sound and light and love

I'm a curse and i'm a sound,
When I open up my mouth,
There's a reason I don't win,
I don't know how to begin
Or I'm heading out at breakfast
Take a drink, take a drag
One more coffee, ugly hat
No more mirrors, woolen bag

i found blood and i saw stars
all in the backseat of your car
and i told you it was love
but you don't wanna know the truth
i was young and in my prime
with my heart still filled with fear
and it goes on bleedin'
I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.
Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives.
I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin, and fuck with the stars.
You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars.

This is our decision, to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah, it's overwhelming, but what else can we do.
Get jobs in offices, and wake up for the morning commute.
Moonlight on my floor
Shining through the roof
They got the city surrounded
As if I needed proof
I forgot my fear
Feel it's on the rise
Buried by all of the pieces
Falling from the sky

We are alone, the world is not our home,
we breathe the air, we care,
We feel the pain, we cannot explain,
there are no words to be heard.

We move along, we are pretty strong, we breathe the air, we care.
And remember what it felt like
To be alone
Sitting in the sunlight
All alone
It was the future reflected
It felt familiar but new
A street was missing a building
The kids had something to do
I was a loner
I was just waiting by myself
When you, warped temptress
Rose to bring me happiness and wealth
Black tears, black smile, black credit cards and shoes
You can call all the people you want
But it's you who's being used
Under your black eyes, honey
Right beneath your nose
A curse on all creation
Every single thing you know
White smoke, white light, white marble on the floor
It would only take a few seconds of darkness
to figure out what's in store
Little girl
Past the point of love
Shattered and untied
Waiting to pick up the pieces
That make it out alright

No comments:

Post a Comment