My Blog List

May 21, 2010

auditions


When I got back to school, I got back to work. I had decided I wanted a change. I was not where I wanted to be, so it was time to look at my options. I decided to audition at a few different schools. I looked at different universities & their acting programs. But I ultimately fell in love with AADA, the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. I was originally just looking there for a summer program & at the end of my interview i was asked if i wanted to be reviewed for the year as well. soo umm yes please!!


"Do one thing every day that scares you."

Eleanor Roosevelt


"Given a chance, I'm gonna be somebody

If for one dance, I'm gonna be somebody"

-Kings of Leon

"Time is running out and standing still."- The Bravery

"& maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope."- He's Just Not That Into You


The beginning of Spring was very busy and demanding outside of my actual school. I was working really hard at picking out monologues and preparing them for my auditions. I wanted desperately to find a different school that was right for me. It was also a hard time because I had to leave Arizona almost every weekend to go on my auditions and then come back and try to keep up. at the same time I was dealing with a long distance relationship that was starting to fall apart and having very little capability in saving it from where i was... stuck. Now all I had left was to wait. Everything was about waiting... waiting to hear back from schools, waiting for a phone call, a text, waiting waiting WAITING>>> patience is not my specialty.

No comments:

Post a Comment