My Blog List

May 24, 2010

COACHELLA DAY 1

"Hold to the time that you know

You don't have to move on to let go" -Deadmau5

"Never wanted time for looking back,

For a moment I look down and wander

And of what's to come today,

Girl, I wonder where you are."

-Ra Ra Riot

This was-- hands down-- the best weekend of the year! Every little detail of this weekend was memorable. From the fact the we left Arizona without our campground passes because Sam could not get ahold of the aussie man that she had bought them from, then being pulled over STILL in Tucson bc TJ was driving like a drunken fool, when he was 100% sober... & then when we got to the never ending line of hippies, I tweeted Deadmau5 (AS A JOKE) & he replied.... & proceeded to get my number. This was all before entering the campgrounds. Oh & lets not forget the minor detail that I fell on all 4's in this line and TJ scooped me up army style, threw me back on my feet & told me to keep running... hahah thanks manSo as we eagerly made it to our site 6 hours later? AT 7 AM! I led the entire group in putting together the tents... SYKKEE. haha i passed out and woke up with a lovely camping area, thanks yall! Day 1 started before we could realize the previous day was over. The lineup for the first day was already so sick: LCD Soundsystem, Jay Z, Them Crooked Vultures, DEADMAU5, PASSION PIT, Benny Benassi, the Avett Brothers, Iglu & Hartly, Wale & more...
CAMP 5UCK iT>>> 520 taking over.


The weather in Indio, California was UNBELIEVABLY HOT. You would think we would be use to it, us Tucson kids, but it was still rough. & everything was rather expensive. But other than that it was so amazing. We made friends with anyone & everyone around us. Friendly place. Lots of Australians? & hottt ones! I'm a sucker for accents. Jay Z had a special performance with BEYONCE to "Forever Young" & it was beyond amazing. We ended the night with Deadmau5, which was the sickest set of the whole weekend.

"Been there, done that, messed around
I'm having fun don't put me down,
I'll never let you sweep me off my feet,
I won't let you in again, the messages I've tried to send,
my informations just not going in,
burnin' bridges shore to shore, I'll break away from something more,
I'm not turned off to love until it's cheap.
This time baby, I'll be BULLETPROOF."
-La Roux
"MDMA got you feelin' like a champion
The city never sleeps, better slip you an Ambien"-Jay Z
MUSiC FAVES OF THE DAY: Passion Pit, Deadmau5, LCD Soundsystem, Jay Z, Benny Benassi, La Roux, Ra Ra Riot, She & Him
"Oh baby, your time is running out,
I won't let you turn around,
and tell me now I'm much too proud,
All you do is fill me up with doubt."
-La Roux

No comments:

Post a Comment