My Blog List

May 23, 2010

endless possibilities

"It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference." -Tom Brokaw


I wrote this journal entry after my last audition in LA, for AADA. It was a really hard weekend personally/emotionally. I was let down yet again & believed stupid lies again, while still trying to keep my composure for the audition. That Sunday, I just came to terms with the fact that he was not the prince charming and I had to just keep on being myself. Same southern girl with big city dreams. I spent the day at Venice Beach listening to music & I was really inspired by the Lady Antebellum song, "I Was Here"
"You will notice me
I'll be leavin' my mark, like initials carved in an old oak tree, you wait and see
maybe I'll write like Twain wrote, maybe I'll paint like Van Gough,
cure the common cold, i don't know but I'm ready to start cuz i know in my heart

I wanna do something that matters, say something different
something that sets the whole world on it's ear
i wanna do somethin better, with the time i've been given
and i wanna try to touch a few hearts in this life
and leave nothin less that something that says i was here

I will prove you wrong-- if you think im all talk, your in for a shock
cuz this streams too strong, and before too long
maybe i'll compose symphonies, maybe i'll fight for world peace
cuz i know it's my destiny to leave more that a trace of myself in this place"
-Lady Antebellum

"Take a second out to think about this: in your life you search and search for the right person for you. Every time you break up with someone you get one step closer to that person. You should look at moving on as getting closer to meeting the one." -Ian Philpot

"Oh la we've got a lot to learn from each other,

We've got to stick together."

-Ra Ra Riot

"Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave." - A.A. Milne


No comments:

Post a Comment