My Blog List

May 20, 2010

SiMPLE TRUTHS

"Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other." -Euripides
Well here are some journal entries from fall semester. I was still on my creative high from NYFA and trying to remember all the relaxation methods we learned. Some people think inspirational shit is stupid, but I love it so back off. I surround myself constantly with little quotes, music lyrics, or pictures that inspire me. It helps to remind yourself what the main focus of your life is-or should be. I'm a driven person, so I always want to be doing something!
My BEAUTiFUL soul mate. I love this picture.

"I've realized that being happy is a choice. You never want to rub anybody the wrong way or not be fun to be around, but you have to be happy. When I get logical and I dont trust my instincts- that's when I get in trouble"- Angelina Jolie

"Feeling the past moving in. Letting a new day begin"- Deadmau5

LAUGHTER iS SO iMPORTANT>>> seriously, I live by this rule. The most difficult/depressing moments in my life have been when there is no laughter. Sometimes I will realize, shit Samantha you have not been laughing- you are clearly NOT being you & not hanging out with the right people. I know I am unique... mehh okay kinda weird. But I know it and embrace it. & therefore, I love people who can just be real & not be afraid to be silly. Never, ever take life too seriously. Laughter can cure broken hearts, it can mend the pain if even only for that split second.
Another thing I have come to accept, is that happiness starts with yourself. Life happens. Life sucks sometimes. Like can fucking wear you down. But it is worth it once you find out what and how you can be happy. I realized I was just so unhappy at Arizona. I respect everyone there and everyone I have met & it is a wonderful school that works out for so many people. But for ME, it was not right. I (don't) love college. Sorry. Art makes me happy. Big cities make me happy. Acting, music, passion, laughter, love, thrift stores, iced coffee, true friendships, so on blah blah. I choose happiness. & I am moving on to a place where I am happy. I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment